The Bloomington Housing Authority (BHA) leadership and Board of Commissioners is proud to present its Bloomington Housing Forward: Strategic Direction 2018-2030 Plan. After 50 years, BHA remains committed to the services we have always provided — housing opportunities and support for our neighbors in need. We believe:
- Everyone deserves safe, affordable housing free from discrimination;
- Supportive services are critical to resident success and opportunity;
- Such housing and services:
- Prevent homelessness,
- Lay a foundation for economic self-sustainability, and
- Provide an appropriate long-term solution for key populations; and
- The future of affordable housing is integral to the future of the community overall.
We do housing but believe that creating “home” – more than housing – is fundamental to individual, family, and community well-being.
Now, we are more committed than ever to serving the citizens of Monroe County by advancing housing access, improving community outcomes and leading with excellence.